Monday, July 26, 2010

Heated Emotions

Wow! This past week was HOT! I think the month went in the record books for least amount of rain and most days in the 100's! The heat can lead to bad tempers

I took DD to Gymboree on Wednesday to make up the day she missed. The instructor brought out some hoops and she was in heaven. DD loved the hoops. She also liked the balls... So, Saturday, we are back on our regular day and the instructor is blowing bubbles and having the kids pop them. DD sees the hoops hanging on the wall and wanted them. Since she could not reach them, she threw herself on the ground and started crying. She was having a meltdown. I tried to distract her from the hoops with the bubbles, but she was not having any of that. So I scooped her up and left. I was not going to let her meltdown ruin the other kids and parents day.
I know she is still young, but I don't want her becoming a spoiled brat

So quite a few people I know are having issues/ended relationships. It got me to thinking. I told DH that I want to work on our relationship because I don't want it to end. I know there are various phases of a relationship and most people leave after the euphoric stage has gone. I am reading "The Five Languages of Love" and learning more on how to keep our relationship good.

Ican't really think of anything else

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

She gets it from your side of the family :p

Anonymous said...

I believe if a couple is not constantly working on the marriage and at the same time, taking it spontaneously, time will be the troubler that sleeps between you. It's good to work on your marriage even in the smaller areas like, Honey, remind me, what are your favorite (insert question here). Just keep it fresh. Most marriages break down for two reasons that i've seen, lack of communication and lack of trying to keep each other in the number one spot.