Monday, September 17, 2012

catch up

Eek! Sorry it's been a while since my last post.

Fall is around the corner.  I can't wait for the temps to come down!

DD started preschool after Labor day.  She goes twice a week for about 2 hours a day.  Right now, the teachers are gauging each child's capabilities.  In January, the parents get a report on how much the child has improved.  While I know DD is pretty smart, she needs to work on her coordination (as I draft this, she is working on a puzzle all by herself).  For her class, each child takes a turn to bring in snacks for the class.  On snack day, that child also has show and tell.  DD's day is coming up next week.  So far the snacks have been crackers or pretzels and juice.  While she will eat pretzels and crackers on occasion, it is not something I usually give her.  I was trying to think about what I give her for a snack and she usually has fruit, yogurt, or applesauce.  Because of allergy, dietary, and religious considerations, the snacks must be peanut/meat/gelatin free.  I was looking online for creative snack ideas and found one with fruit pieces on a skewer and it was called rainbow fruit.  I think we will bring those in for her turn.  I will blog on that after her snack day.

I also enrolled her in dance class.  She loved her first day.  There are 4 other girls in her class.  She can't wait to go again today.

DS is a walking machine!  We got him some shoes from stride rite because I wanted him to have some appropriate for his stage in walking.  He had not worn shoes prior to this, so we got his feet measured and he got two pair.  They were having a sale!

I finally got a chance to do some crafting~ blog to follow

We should find out in Dec if DH got the promotion and if we will be moving in the summer.

No comments: