Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Clicking the Back Button

So, I've been getting annoyed with people lately. Most of the people I don't know personally, just know them virtually through forums or facebook.

On one forum, a member posted about being angry that friends were commenting on the fact that at least her husband has a job even if he is not getting a raise. She was upset, saying because her husband is military, they make huge sacrafices. And other wives starting joining in. Ummm, yeah, I get it. My husband was away on a ship... but I managed. It was not the end of the world. You know, there are other working people, not military who make less and recieve less benefits than the military and put thier lives on the line every day -- Police Officers and Fire Fighters are just a few... Maybe I am fortunate because my husband does get to come home every night or maybe because I was in the service, I know that he is safe and not messing around.

And I am really getting tired of racist people. Just because someone is Black and not wealthy, does not mean he is "ghetto".
a section of a city, esp. a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.
The neighborhood I live in is a predominatley working class Black neighborhood. It is not a ghetto. My neighhors take pride in the homes they own!
And on facebook, just because your neighbor is Black, does not mean she is ghetto... because that means you are too... you racist... and don't offer her sweet tea and think she will cut you! People like you are the reason why racism is still around.

And... GYP! come on! No one fucking "gyped" you! You are insulting a whole race of people when you use that term! Try ripped off or something else.

So, instead of starting a war of words, I just simply click the back button and bite my tongue.

No comments: