Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Boy and Girl

Are little boys more curious than little girls?  All I know is that DS seems to be into everything, where with DD we did not really have to baby proof the house.
DS will go face first off the couch!  The other day, I put the kids in their room so I could clean up the breakfast mess. As I am finishing, I hear DS screaming, after 3 times, I realize it does not sound normal, so I run to the room and he has his hand trapped between his baby laptop and kept shutting the lid on it. And then later that day he was playing in the game room and DH noticed his computer fan stopped working right before DS started crying... he stuck his finger in the fan and stopped the blades. He's ok, just took a little skin.  And now he's climbing the stairs! He is full of personality too. Just watching him play cracks me up.  He gets all rough with the stuffed animals.  And the other day, DD was sitting on the couch eating a cheese stick and DS wanted some. She was ignoring him and he was getting loud and started hitting her.  I wish I could have captured that on video.

Before we moved, we had to get rid of a lot of stuff... mainly because we were moving into a place without a  yard or storage.  DD had to say goodbye to a lot of her good toys such as a water table, her little car and her trike.  We told her we would get a bike after we moved.  One day while checking my facebook newsfeed, I noticed a few contacts had posted photos of their kids on wooden bikes. They were called balance bikes. I decided a balance bike would be a good choice for DD to help build confidence and coordination.  We were at Toys R Us and they had one on clearance (at least that was what the sign next to the box said). It rang up 30 dollars more than I expected, so while we were waiting for the price confirmation, DH noticed the box was all taped up. The last item we purchased from Toys R Us came in a box that was taped up. It was a baby gate, a broken, dirty, used baby gate. I was able to get a brand new one. But we decided not to try our luck. So I went online and found one much cheaper from Amazon and it came in two days.  The assembly was pretty easy.

She wanted to hold him
New Bike

No comments: