Saturday, June 16, 2012

I survived!

I survived my first week in my new position.  Yes, I got a new job, sort of... After doing the budget, we realized that my paycheck went towards daycare expenses and fuel to get to work.  I am on a break until DS is old enough for school (or until I get bored).  My last day of work was the 18th of May and then we moved from the land of peanuts and ham to the land of beer and cheese.  This past week was my first week as a Stay at Home Mom.

So far, so good... I have not gone crazy yet.  I am trying to limit tv time to when DH is home. DD is having a hard time understanding, since she's so used to having the tv on all the time.

 

Monday we ran a few errands, went to the park, and then to the mall for lunch.  DD asked for "buh donals", and they have one in the mall.  We got home and had quiet time and read. We then went for a walk to get the mail and then DH came home from work.




Tuesday we went to the library for story time. The librarian, Ms Debbie is very animated and gets the kids going.  There were a lot of kids at story time since it was the first one of the summer.  I also enrolled DD into the summer reading program, so we checked out a few library books.  We ate lunch at home and read her books and had quiet time and again walked to the mailbox.



Wednesday we stayed home waiting for furniture delivery. I let the kids watch a Baby Einstein dvd while we waited.  After the delivery, we had a quick lunch at home and then headed out to get DH's Father's day gift (Nook Tablet). I told DD it was a surprise for DH. When DH came home, she got all excited and told him she had a surprise, LOL.



Thursday we went to the library again... they had a magician and boy were there tons of kids. There were several day cares there.  We returned the library books we checked out on Tuesday and got a few more.  Her favorite out of that bunch is The Runaway Dinner.  I guess she read that one with her Mimi.  After the library, we checked out an indoor playground called The Big Backyard.  It is a warehouse with playground equipment. I think its a neat concept for inclement weather.   It even had a section for babies.  The kids had fun playing.



Friday we had a Mom's group playgroup at one of the local parks.  It was good to meet some people and DD had fun playing.  It was so hot and we were so tired, so we ate lunch at home and laid down for a bit.


1 comment:

Blogger said...

Just got my check for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can make by taking paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself getting paid $500 for participating in paid surveys to set the record straight.