Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day at the Improv

This week was somewhat the same as last week. Had our time in the pool and went to the library.

I ordered a balance bike for DD on Sunday and it arrived on Tuesday!  She was very excited. I got her the bubbilicious since she likes pink and it was cheaper than just getting a neutral one.  DS can get his own when the time comes.
Li'l Shark Boy 

Monday we ran a few errands and then went swimming.

Tuesday, we went to story time as usual. It was not as crowded as the first week.  But it was so hot! I decided that we would not go with the group to the park afterwards. So after the story was read, we went back inside so DD could turn in her reading log (200 hours), get her prizes, and check out a few more books. She checked out a book by the author of The Runaway Dinner called The Pencil. It had a lot of the same characters.



On Wednesday, we decided to get in the pool in the morning. We had an incident. DD wanted to wear a life vest and her tube. I said she could go to the steps as I was putting DS into his float... I look over and she is in the water and her face is in because the vest and tube are making her top half of her body go in the water. I had to run and get her.  There was a teenage boy setting up his towel and never offered help... I'll leave it as a teenager thing and not a rude neighbor thing.  So we took her vest off (it was the one causing her to go face forward) and she was happy again.  After the pool, we had lunch and took a nice long nap.




Thursday, we set out for the library. I get to the garage and put the library books in when a lady tells me that the garage door is broken (she had to take a cab to get where she was going). So I called the property management to fix it. There was a piece broken, I guess I could have lifted it, but it's heavy. So we went back upstairs. I let the kids play with finger paint instead. The kids had fun with that. We have a deck that I set up the easel and paper so the house did not get paint all over it.  We used the packing paper. When DH came home, we went out to dinner, because I did not want to be stuck in the house.





Friday, we made it to the library, to check out books. Of course, DD turned in her reading record (another 200 hours) and re-checked out The Runaway Dinner! She checked out 13 books this time. She loves story time.

So, although, the week did not go according to plan, we had a great time.

No comments: