Friday, January 1, 2010

New day to a new year

Today is the beginning of 2010. A new year in a new decade.

Did not do much yesterday. Heck, I was laying in bed by 8pm. Tired and getting the baby to sleep.

Some of my goals for this year are to hopefully sell this house, continue being a good mommy to Lily, find a more meaningful job, and to start saving for our Alaskan cruise for our 10 year anniversary in 2011. I know it is over a year away, but those are expensive.

I am looking forward to Lily's first birthday! I will get a special cake made just for her. I don't want her eating sweets if she is not used to it. There is a bakery near by that I will see what they have to offer. By doing this I am also supporting small business in the local economy.

I hope to try to be more.... what's the word? I don't know... I will try to post at least once a week of what is going on and share photos.

I am going to work more on my crafts. Since Lily is getting older, it is a little easier in the sense that she is not attached to me, but harder since she is into everything!

So, I won't be going to nurse her during my lunch hour anymore. Just once in a while. She really does not need me to do it. And the last few times, it was very short and she wanted to go back to playing.

Since it seems like we will be in this house forever... we are going to try to utilize what little space we have. We are going to get a sectional couch and some other things. It sucks because of the economy. And the other city is offering 30k to qualified buyers in addition to the 8k... so although we have had a lot of people come look, they have gone elsewhere.
People also don't like our neighborhood. I don't know why. It may not be the prettiest, but there have not been stolen gps and other items like the so called "nice" neighborhoods.


No comments: