Sunday, January 31, 2010

toot toot




Well, we had the big snowstorm of the past two decades. Lily is a bit too young, so I just sat her in the snow for a photo op and the brought her back in and changed her into dry, warm clothes.

Today Rob had to shovel a path from the door to the cars and also just get the snow off the cars. We did not have a shovel so I was going to use either the pooper scooper or the rake... but they have been outside since who knows when, that they handles were so corroded, they broke after a few shovels... so he got inventive and used the lid of a garbage can. I guess it worked.

She did well for her first week at Dailys. They are still getting used to each other and creating a schedule. Dailys was surprised her son was not jealous of her holding Lily. He seems like a laid back kid.
Things work out for both of us. We have another sitter. She is able to earn some money without it all going to daycare and her son won't get sick as often. In addition, her husband is able to relax when he gets home from work instead of taking care of the kids and homework and making dinner.

Today Rob had to shovel a path from the door to the cars and also just get the snow off the cars. We did not have a shovel so I was going to use either the pooper scooper or the rake... but they have been outside since who knows when, that they handles were so corroded, they broke after a few shovels... so he got inventive and used the lid of a garbage can. I guess it worked.

I have been feeling blah for a while and not really understanding why. I think I am depressed. The house has been on the market for over 6 months and no offers. I am tired of bending over backwards for people to come look at the house and then waste our time by not buying it. I have had to put so much stuff on hold. I wanted to go back to school this semester, but I don't want this house stressing me out. I want to craft, but can't because someone wants to look at the house.
After bringing the baby monitor with us and hearing comments... I've come to believe that a lot of people are racist. The color of the skin of your neighbors dictates the quality of the neighborhood. I did not realize that before. I would assume that the crime rate or maybe the predator list would dictate that, but no... it's the color of one's skin. We don't have any predators that live on our street and i think the closest is over a mile away. Once in a while, we might have cop for other than patrol and it is something domestic, not really a crime

Did our income tax return this year and we are getting a bit of money. We aren't getting as much as a lot of other people, since we are in a higher tax bracket and we can't claim child care expenses. But with our return we are going to get a dining room table. With my state return, I bought some stampin stuff.

I started weight watchers. I got lazy thinking as long as I breastfeed, I could eat whatever... yeah right, she does not nurse as often as she did, so now I must watch what i am eating. I also busted out the wii fit and had fun playing with that. I like the hula hoop

No comments: