Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Baking, Cleaning, Books!

Been busy doing various things for the past few weeks.  Most of our weeks include trips to the library, swimming, and cleaning (diapers, dishes, floors).

Though about joining the Y. A membership seemed reasonable, but they charge an extra $30 for child watch. In Virginia, child watch was included in the membership... the $30 extra is not in the budget especially if I want to use that towards dance or swim lessons. I can use the fitness room that the condo has, but I have to coordinate with DH.

I have done a bit of baking. My first batch was a disaster, I needed a thermometer to make sure the water was not too hot for the yeast. After I got a thermometer things went better. At first, I just made simple yeast breads. This week, I made cheese bread and challa. I don't think the challa came out right, but the cheese bread is yum!



I finally got around to getting my craft room set up, well as good as it is going to get for now. Once I get with my sister and she takes some of her stuff back, I might have more room. I am also going to give her a few things like my wall rack since I am not allowed to put anything on the walls.

The Craft Room before the movers arrived

Lots of boxes

The Craft Room

Cloth diapering is going well. I have a little spatula to scoop the poop into the toilet. I know they make little showers that you install on the toilet, but they are not in the budget right now and I am not sure if we are allowed to install one. I also got DS a swim diaper that can be washed.  DS has discovered the velcro straps on some of the diapers and likes to strip himself naked. I may have to get a few more with snaps. I could put shorts on him, but when we are home, I don't want to confine his thunder thighs.

In his swim diaper

In his home attire

DD is doing well. She enjoys going to the library. I am sending her application for preschool. She will be going two days a week. She needs the interaction and she is very smart. She can write her name! I am debating on what to do for an activity for her, like swim lessons or dance.

No comments: