Thursday, July 26, 2012

chicken and bats

I may come off as ignorant or maybe a jerk because I don't post the same stuff everyone else does when breaking news happens.  Why should I?  Everyone else is posting about it and I don't need to (a) be another sheep, (b) give the story more hype.  Plus I may not have enough information yet to pose an educated stance.

While it was a tragedy what happened in Colorado, I think the lunatic who committed those atrocious hate crimes does not deserve to have any extra attention.  He should rot in a cell, death penalty would be nice, but a slow excruciating death might be better.

Now people are posting they are afraid to go to the movies... I wonder if they are just posting that to have something to post on facebook or if they are genuinely scared.

And as far as the chicken goes... Boycott all you want.

I have friends with various backgrounds, morals, beliefs, etc.  Just because they don't go with the norm does not mean I am not going to unfriend them.  We all have our choices.  If you choose to unfriend me because I don't want to jump in your wagon, so be it.  But know that I chose to be your friend knowing that we were different and enjoyed the fact that I can have friends who are not like me.  If I only had friends who were like me, I'd be very lonely.


No comments: