Monday, July 30, 2012

Small Steps

Today is a new day.  A chance to change.

I need to take control of my health and wellness!  I bought some new shoes, I needed new shoes anyways, but I bought some new sneakers to use for working out.  We have a fitness room, I might as well use it.  I plan on using it after dinner time when DH is home.  He has access to the Y for free.  His command pays for a membership for all the military.  If I could go to the Y, then I would not have to way for him to get home.  On nice days, I will take the kids out in the stroller.  There is a nice path that I see a lot of people using.  When the snow falls, we can go to the mall or something.

Part of the wellness is also my dental health.  I went to the dentist and while I don't have cavities, I do have gum disease.  My gums were inflamed.  And when I went to my cleaning, I had a sore on my gums that was not dental related.  I was having a bit of a flare.  I have to go back in a few weeks and if my gums still are not better, I will be on antibiotics.  Dental health is very important as it has effects on other parts of the body.  I need to be vigilant about flossing.  I am so lazy about that.  Last night, I flossed and rinsed.  It's a start.

I've also started doing smoothies.  They have fruits and vegetables in it.  DH drinks them for breakfast and lunch and then has a regular dinner.  One of his co-workers told him about the drinks and how he lost 30 pounds just drinking them for breakfast and lunch.  So, I am going to try this as well.  I just can't go on a major diet just yet as I am still nursing DS.

I also got vitamins to take.  My vitamin D level is very low!

No comments: