Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's a scorcher!

This week has been quite hot! And it's only Tuesday! LOL

Yesterday, DD asked to go to the park and asked where all the kids were when we got there... I told her it was too hot, so we went home. She was upset, but I could not justify keeping DS in that heat.

I then cleaned up their toys downstairs. I put DD's bed in our bedroom. She says she will sleep in her bed if we get her a dream lite.  I put a bookshelf where her bed was and created a reading corner for the kids. I also switched dressers for the kids. DS's dresser is now next to the changing table and I can keep his cloth diapers in one of the drawers.
Cloth diapering is going well. I purchased a few more diapers shortly after I tried them, so I was not constantly washing. I also put in another order for 4 more kissaluvs to go with the wraps and I ordered larger pre-folds and snappis, since the ones I received were a bit small for my chunkster
When finances permit, I will invest in a diaper shower.

Last week, I created a meal plan for the next two weeks and went grocery shopping. I went to 3 different places to get better deals and because trying to carry all those bags with two kids in the sweltering heat was not happening.  Instead of just having the usual spaghetti and tacos, I went through a few cookbooks and got ideas. I also factored in what we would have for breakfasts, lunches, and snacks. I think $300 is not too bad for 2 weeks for 3.5 people... I say 3.5 because DS does eat some stuff. I may have to make a run midway for milk and produce.  I've decided to attempt to bake my own bread. Not that bread is expensive, but fresh bread is always yummy

Trying to think what to do with DD for an activity. I don't want to overload her with too much stuff, but I would like her to do something to build confidence and coordination. A few options include dance, swim, gymnastics, and ice skating.  I also plan on enrolling her in pre-school. She needs the interaction and she is very smart. I am so happy to see her write her own name, but I think she needs to understand how to grip the pencil better.

I ordered some stuff to meet my quarterly quota from Stampin' Up! I don't know if this will be my last order, I hope not. I still need to unpack my craft room, but watching kids and not having storage space has left me unmotivated. I did purchase some clear tubs to store my stamps. I am putting them in by category such as holiday, sentiments, nature, etc. Hopefully that will help keep me organized. I hope that once I get everything set up in the craft room that I will use it more often and the kids will do crafts too.

DH's birthday is next week. I got him a few things and I need to order him a star wars cake. If I had a friend who is a local baker, I would ask... but since I know nobody, and don't want to drag the kids around looking for a good bakery, I am just going to order from the grocery store. I like their cakes most of the time.


No comments: